A SILKYPIX DEVELOPER REVIEW
- From any Japanese camera you should expect same quality Jpeg as you would get in camera, with the flexibility of further editing! That is brilliant. That means you can get “those” sweet Canon, Nikon , Sony colours and Fuji film simulations without any further editing.
- They are also the brain behind Nikon, Fuji’s own raw converter.
- Excellent Sharpening and noise Reduction ( by default). I dare to say, on par with DXO and Topaz.
- It is probably the only software that allows you to ad: Input Sharpening, Creative sharpening (all the software does), Output sharpening (most does)
- Apparently they work directly or indirectly with every Japanese camera companies. Meaning, they truly understand the raw DE-mosaic algorithm of your raw files
- For the Fuji camera users, good news is that Silkypix Developer is the best raw converter for Fuji.
- Silkypix Developer Studio Pro 10 is by far the best Adobe Lightroom alternative that I came across.
❤️ Get 15% Discounts on Any Topaz Ai Products using My Code: http://topazlabs.refr.cc/sourovd
TURORIAL VIDEOS OF SILKYPIX DEVELOPER STIDIO PRO 10
NOTE: IF YOU HAVE THE FREE, OEM OR OLDER VERSIONS OF SILKYPIX DEVELOPPER BUT NOT THE PRO 10, DO NOT WORRY. 80 PERCENT OF THE FUNCTIONS ARE SAME.
From their website I have learned that the company is only a team of 40 engineers. That’s nothing compared to Adobe and Capture One or DXO.
Personally, they got to work on the software’s performance and speed. I can get used to the 1970’s user interface but, they got to speed up a little. But for the quality of color , sharpening and NR (without touching any sliders) I place Silkypix Developer as no 1.
If you can get used to the speed and UI, then don’t pay for other softwares… Use this.
Full disclosure: I have edited about 2500 Fuji and Panasonic raw files in ON1, same amount in Capture One, just Panasonic 2000 raw files in DXO Photolab , about 3000 raw files in Darktable and More or less same amount in Silkypix Developer during 5 months of lockdown period. Both color and BW.And I read a lot of Japanese articles.
Hope it helps.
My website (Travel contents): https://lestreasurehunters.com/
Reddit ( FOR DISCUSSION AND SHARING IDEA) : https://www.reddit.com/r/Silkypix_Developer/
SILKYPIX WEBSITE: https://silkypix.isl.co.jp/en/